Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)A passionate home cook that has been honing her cooking skills for the last 25 years, concentrating on Italian cooking for the last 10 years, writes this review.My favorite cookbooks are "The Professional Chef" by the Culinary Institute and "Culinary Artistry".With more than 500 cookbooks in my collection I am usually disappointed in my recent cookbook acquisitions.I am also very tough on Italian cookbooks in particular.
My husband and decided to try a vegan lifestyle about 3 months ago to reduce cholesterol.However, having to give up many of our favorite Italian foods was extremely difficult.Thankfully, as I was beginning to consider adding dairy back to our menu I found this book.It is a much better Italian cookbook than I expected it to be.
The book is outlined as follows:
1.Italian Cuisine
2.Ingredients and Equipment for Italian Cooking
3.Basic Recipes and Techniques
4.Sauces
5.Appetizers, Vegetable Side Dishes
6.Making Fresh Pasta
First Courses (Primi Piatti)
7.Pasta in Sauce
8.Stuffed Pasta:Dumplings, Crepes, and Baked, Layered and Molded Pasta Dishes
9.Pasta in Broth and Soups
10.Cornmeal and Rice Dishes
Second Courses (Secondi Piatti)
11.Baked Dishes: Omelets, Savory Cakes, Tarts, Gratins, and other Vegetable Casseroles
12.Vegetable and Bean Entrees and Stews
13.Meat Free Entrees
14.Bread, Rolls, Pizza, Hearth Breads and Stuffed Breads
15.Sweets
Some of the basic recipes that the author includes are:Tofu Ricotta, Tofu Mascarpone, Tofu Ricotta Salata, Almond Ricotta, Soy Free Almond Ricotta Salata, Cashew Mascarpone, Tofu version of Heavy Cream, Vegetarian Burger, Vegetarian Hot Italian Sausage, Vegetarian Sweet Fennel Sausage, Seitan (Beef, Veal, Chicken, Pork, Burger, Hot Italian Sausage versions).She also includes a number of different variations for Polpetti (meatballs).
Many of the recipes included in this book are time consuming.However, this is no different than standard Italian homemade items.I don't recommend this book to people that have limited time or limited experience with Italian cooking.
Bottom line, this is a much better cookbook than I expected it to be.Can I tell it isn't meat and/or dairy?Absolutely I can tell the difference.The author's variations are satisfactory substitutes if the alternative is the unpleasant health effects that come with the regular consumption of high fat animal products.I would recommend this cookbook to anyone that loves Italian food and wants to cut back on his or her consumption of saturated fat.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Nonna's Italian Kitchen: Delicious Homestyle Vegan Cuisine (Healthy World Cuisine)
Product Description:
Nonna's Italian Kitchen transports you into the heart and soulof an Italian kitchen. Soundly written, well researched andinnovative, Bryanna Grogan's ability to blend traditional Italiancuisine with vegetarianism is magical, and she easily imparts both herskills and love of good food to novice and experienced cooks alike.
Want to read more honest consumer review about Nonna's Italian Kitchen: Delicious Homestyle Vegan Cuisine (Healthy World Cuisine) now ?
0 comments:
Post a Comment