Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)After you are finished giggling about the authors' last names, you might speculate that this cookbook has the potential to be, well boring. Just the phrase "eat well" conjures up an image of a block of tofu and maybe a big, empty hole where we would find foods we love to eat.
Get beyond all that negativity, my friends! The recipes from "The Eat Well Cookbook" are delicious; you won't feel as if you're substituting healthy for delicious. Case in point: "Butterfly lamb with roasted red vegetables & warm mint sauce". How about "Greek-style roast chicken with avgolemono sauce"?These recipes are very elegant and full of flavor. You can choose to make healthy dinners with meat -- not always present in "healthy" cookbooks. Trying to incorporate more meatless meals to your culinary repertoire? Try my favorite in this collection, "Moroccan lentil soup". This soup ends my search for the delicious spicy lentil soup that I enjoy at a local Moroccan restaurant (since the owner resolutely refuses to part with the recipe).
Though the front cover proclaims "lose weight and feel fabulous", this cookbook addresses other important health issues such as food sensitivities and allergies, how to live well and feel great, and of course, ways to reduce weight. To me, it all comes down to the question: Are the recipes in "The Eat Well Cookbook " delicious? Though I have not tried all the recipes, out of the two dozen or so I've tried, I am impressed with the up-front, well melded flavors of the recipes. You will not feel as if you're eating just to get healthy.
There are two more reasons I have made room for this cookbook on my shelf. The recipes are dairy-free and gluten-free. Now keep reading, please! First of all, I have no allergies or sensitivities to either dairy or gluten products, and I am not on a dairy-free/gluten-free diet. But like many other health-conscious people, lately I have heard about the positive effects of reducing (if not completely removing) gluten and/or dairy products from our everyday diet. There is some scientific evidence indicating that removing dairy and gluten products is beneficial for people with autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease, or ulcerative colitis. A friend of mine who has multiple sclerosis has experienced increases in strength and dexterity of her extremities, which is what got me thinking that possibly the general population can benefit from cutting down on dairy and gluten products. I have not eliminated these products completely from my diet, but I am enjoying the delicious recipes from this cookbook and reducing the overall amount of dairy and gluten in my family's diet. I'm betting that further scientific studies in the coming years will bear out the wisdom of reducing these products, at least to some degree, in our daily diet. "The Eat Well Cookbook" is such a great place to begin this journey.
Click Here to see more reviews about: The Eat Well Cookbook: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes for Food Lovers
Product Description:
Based on a philosophy for health and well-being, this cookbook offers a selection of sensational healthy food for all occasions, whether it's dinner for two, a family meal, or entertaining a large group. All recipes are gluten- and dairy-free, makingthem perfectfor people with sensitivities, dieters, those suffering from allergies, or people who just want to look and feel healthier.Mouthwatering meals-including marinated quail with red cabbage salad, seared tuna with panzanella and caper dressing, Portuguese-style duck rice, and baked pumpkin "gnocchi" with roasted tomatoes and salsa verde-fill each page, and allrecipes offer vegetarian substitutions.
Want to read more honest consumer review about The Eat Well Cookbook: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes for Food Lovers now ?
0 comments:
Post a Comment