Fresh Bread Companion (Traditional Country Life Recipe Series) Review

Fresh Bread Companion
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
FRESH BREAD COMPANION was written to capture a place, a time and a feeling. As I tried each bread I felt as if Liz Clark was my companion.As I tasted each one I thought of a place, time and feeling of memory.When my niece tasted the Prune and Almond Whole Wheat Bread, her statement was, "This is like eating a memory.""This smells, tastes, and feels like Granny's bread."Although the recipes reflect current local tastes and European rather than standard fare from the good old days, it is that essence of "Home" as a dynamic place of warmth in memory thatis conveyed to the reader. The book arrived recently and had my mouth watering. I wanted to rush into the kitchen and fire up the oven after reading through recipes like Sour Dough French, Rustic Baguettes, Cracked Wheat, and Olive and Walnut. Now that I have tried them I hope to be Liz Clark's companion through other cookbooks.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Fresh Bread Companion (Traditional Country Life Recipe Series)

Product Description:
For the first time, Liz Clark prepares elegant but simple bread recipes from her cooking school in Keokuk, Iowa. The recipes are prepared using wholesome ingredients, traditional bread making techniques with step-by-step instructions--and modern instructions for those of us who love our bread-making machines. A full description about stone-ground flours found in your local supermarket and those flours found in small mills is included to round out our bread-making education not to mention a short history of these small mills where we can shop for flour with no additives or preservatives. Herbed Loaves, Black Olive & Walnut Bread with Thyme, Rosemary/Currant Bread, and Raison/Sunflower Seed Rye Loaf are just a few of the more than 50 bread recipes in the book. Fresh Bread Companion was a featured title for BEA's Cookbook Expo 2001 in Chicago.

Buy Now

Want to read more honest consumer review about Fresh Bread Companion (Traditional Country Life Recipe Series) now ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment