The Bake Sale Cookbook: Quintessential American Desserts Review

The Bake Sale Cookbook: Quintessential American Desserts
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I bought this book on ... based on reviews.
I've baked recipes out of all sections of the book but pies.The recipes have all turned out as represented, with no failures so far.
My greatest pleasure with using this book is that these are indeed quintessential American desserts, as stated on the cover.I get a kick out of some of the newer dessert books claiming to be American classics, but turn out to be made with whatever ingredient combinations happen to be in the current cooking magazines!Nothing exotic here, and the only expensive items will be the nuts and possibly some spices not already on hand.I consider this important in bake sale items, because I try to hold my cost per item down to a reasonable level.
I did read the one 'one-star' review from someone in Philly who stated these aren't really bake sale items and regretted lack of bake sale guidance.Well, I've been baking for bake sales for many years now, for friends with various organizations, and I really have never seen a trend.If I'm asked to bake, I just ask for a general idea of what they'd like to sell (i.e. cake, cookies, etc.) and then go on my own.In fact, I just finished baking 3 cakes on a Halloween theme for a bake sale today.So, I really don't see the point. . .
Anyway, these are treats that can be enjoyed by everyone, not just for bake sales.A great book for the less-experienced baker and also a good gift idea!

Click Here to see more reviews about: The Bake Sale Cookbook: Quintessential American Desserts



Buy Now

Want to read more honest consumer review about The Bake Sale Cookbook: Quintessential American Desserts now ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment