Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Although, I do like this cookbook and I'm glad that I purchased it, it has errors in the recipes. For example, in the quinoa vegetable souffle, it calls for 1 1/2 TBS. of sea salt!!! I ruined the dish the first time I made it. This sucks because I spent like 90 minutes making it and money for the ingredients. So the next time I made it, I used 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt and it was perfect. And there is a dressing recipe (spiral salad dressing) that claims to be the most requested dressing recipe at Esalen. It calls for an entire raw red onion minced, along with various vinegars, etc. to yield 2 cups of dressing. I have a hard time believing anyone would enjoy this much raw onion!! I used 1/8 of the onion and it is still too onion-y. It actually makes me nauseous just thinking about it. Also, many of the recipes are incomplete, leaving the cook to fiqure it out on their own (Milan Style Lasangna: it says to drain cooked ingredients in a colander, then to add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, etc. and mix). All it needed to include was to transfer drained ingredients to a bowl before mixing in other ingredients. I know most of this is common sense, but to an amatuer cook just reading instructions, one can waste precious ingredients and time. I believe that some things got lost in translating the quantities that Esalen cooks it's food to the quantities for the cookbook. I say, just watch out for quantity and use your own judgement. If is sounds like too much, start little and then add more later. So far, these are the only examples of errors I have experienced. Every other recipe I have made has been fine.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Esalen Cookbook
Product Description:
The world-renowned Esalen Institute, located on the sacred cliffs above the ocean in Big Sur, California, is a place of peace and beauty, a place where people can contemplate, think, and discover. At the heart of Esalen is its kitchen, where food is made daily from the organic farm on its grounds.
Want to read more honest consumer review about Esalen Cookbook now ?
0 comments:
Post a Comment