Taming the Flame: Secrets for Hot-and-Quick Grilling and Low-and-Slow BBQ Review

Taming the Flame: Secrets for Hot-and-Quick Grilling and Low-and-Slow BBQ
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
When I purchased this book, I was expecting to find information on grilling techniques and recipes to demonstrate them.I did not expect how comprehensive this book would be.It is the bible of grilling!It covers every aspect of grilling and barbequing and gives the reader the insight gained through years of research.

The first 30 pages or so take you through all the basic information that you need before you grill.From choosing a grill to a detailed explanation of the difference between direct and indirect grilling, this section will educate the novice and cause the pro to question long held beliefs.The remainder of the book takes you through step by step instructions on how to grill most anything.The book is highly organized and easy to use.There is a chapter for every meat or food type and each chapter begins with all the practical information you need to grill the right way.It takes an enormous amount of information and presents it in the most readable format imaginable.

But one thing has impressed me beyond all others- this book has been able to balance the authoritative with the personal.All too often, the most comprehensive cookbooks lack personality and warmth.While this book has all the important technical information you would expect from a textbook, it is filled with the warmth and personality of someone who obviously loves what she does.Every recipe begins with a story that gives the reader insight into how the recipe was discovered or created.This combination is so rare.

I remember the first time I read Bill Neal's Southern Cooking and how I was struck by his combination of cooking knowledge and cultural history.Taming the Flame strikes me in a similar way.It is an impressive text of grilling techniques and skills as well as a collection of personal insights into the lives and grilling of Elizabeth Karmel's friends, family and the whole grilling/barbeque circuit culture that exists in the United States.I could not recommend it more highly.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Taming the Flame: Secrets for Hot-and-Quick Grilling and Low-and-Slow BBQ



Buy NowGet 15% OFF

Want to read more honest consumer review about Taming the Flame: Secrets for Hot-and-Quick Grilling and Low-and-Slow BBQ now ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment