Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I finally got up the nerve to begin the task of bread baking about six months ago.After some research, I decided on this book because it is for beginners and the book methodically moves from easiest to more difficult.Each master recipe in a chapter is accompanied by variations on the same theme so if you make the master and a variation, then you probably have the skills to move on.The directions are simple, there is a chapter on basic bread knowledge and they the breads taste great.As of this writing, I have baked pretty much all the master recipes and a variant.I have not tried the sweet dough chapters (of which there are 2 or 3 I think).I thought these chapters are more special occasion breads rather than everyday so I skipped them.IMHO, one sweet dough chapter would have been fine and this is why I didnt give it 5 stars.Im sure they are excellent recipes.I have graduated to Peter Reinhart's Bread Baker's Apprentice which is a more serious treatise and also geared to novices.Look for my review on that when I have baked through it a bit.Bread Made Easy is not expensive and I recommend it as a first timer's book.Hope this helps someone.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Bread Made Easy: A Baker's First Bread Book
Want to read more honest consumer review about Bread Made Easy: A Baker's First Bread Book now ?
0 comments:
Post a Comment