97 Orchard: An Edible History of Five Immigrant Families in One New York Tenement Review

97 Orchard: An Edible History of Five Immigrant Families in One New York Tenement
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I heard the author of this book on NPR and wanted to know more about the topic.I found this book fascinating.It shared many insights into life in the tenements of New York in the late-19th and early-20th centuries, most especially about the foodways of the immigrants.It was fascinating to read about the different groups and the "exotic" foods that they ate--some of which have become staples of our modern American diets.One small complaint was that I felt the book ended a bit abruptly.I think even a short conclusion or epilogue would have added to the book's closing.

If you do read this book, I'd also recommend looking up the website of the Tenement Museum in New York, which now occupies 97 Orchard Street.You can see addtional photographs and additional details about the lives of the families profiled in the book.

The Kindle formatting was good.The pictures mainly seemed to translate well, although some were small.But judging by a reviewer of the hardcover, this was also the case in the paper book.

The price was a bit high for a Kindle book, but I decided it was worth it for such a fascinating glimpse into the lives of our ancestors.

Click Here to see more reviews about: 97 Orchard: An Edible History of Five Immigrant Families in One New York Tenement



Buy NowGet 34% OFF

Want to read more honest consumer review about 97 Orchard: An Edible History of Five Immigrant Families in One New York Tenement now ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment